11 12
Return to list post new topic
print

List of suggestions

List of suggestions

Please note that this will probably go over already suggested ideas, but I'm attempting to make a more permanent list for easy access of all of these suggestions.

1. The camera sensitivity. I am forced to use sniper mode as frequently as possible without moving due to the issue that aiming without using sniper mode is an extreme pain.

2. OTG will introduce 3-player-platoons for free with the next patch. So PT must offer them for free too. OTG wanted to introduce larger platoons, but canceled it because they deemed them to be too OP. So how about a PT game mode where every player is in a platoon of 5 players. Depending on the player base, MM could form teams with up to 3 platoons (of 5) per side.
(Once the lag-problem is fixed. So far it seems that more players create even bigger lags.)

3. (Fritz suggestion copied)
At the moment we are facing the problem that very few players have high level tanks and therefore players have long waiting times.
How about turning this problem into a feature which the other tank game has not: Battles where superior quality fights against superior numbers.
This would require that each tank gets matchmaking-points as part of it's stats and teams being formed so that both sides get the same amount.
Then we might get fair battles of say two KV-1 against five PzIII.
Later it could become an optional game mode.

4. Don't begin nerfing over-performing tanks based solely on win percentage in the global server. Some tanks are better in some ways than others. The IS-2 should be able to cripple tigers if the tiger plays to the IS's strengths of brawling. The IS is called the Tiger killer for a reason. The M48 Patton is fantastic at shooting while moving, but in WoT it was nerfed due to this.

5. Tone down track damaging. Make it so you gotta aim for the very front roadwheel or very back roadwheel, as currently I'm shooting a tank in the side only to permatrack him.

6. Armor normalization. Currently it seems armor is very ineffective, and angling doesn't seem to help. A Panzer IV may be angling his front at me, but at some of these angles the effective thickness is more than my average gun penetration.

7. The sounds of getting hit. Autocannons completely disorient me due to the fact that every shot is basically causing the effect of a 122mm automatic gun.

8. Possible premium tanks at tier 8. I noticed the Lowe is going to be added. Try to be different in some of the premium tanks. The T-34-57 is a fantastic example of a different premium tank. If you guys make the IS-4 tier 10, and you place the amazing ST-I at tier 9, it'd be logical to put the IS-6 at tier 8, as the ST-I and IS-6 are sister tanks.

9. Powercreep. This includes super high alpha guns(Damage), tanks from the 1960's etc. Placing a T-62 up against a Maus places a time gap of 16-17 years, which isn't necessary.

10. Players want to play tanks from their own country. (Many) Americans want American tanks, so introduce them ASAP in order to be more attractive on this big market. Also consider introducing single gold tanks for other nationalities.
If there was just one premium tank for Great Britain, Japan, Italy, China, France, CSR, Sweden, … soon, this might attract players from those countries soon.  In OTG European and American forums there was always a big fuss about Russian tanks being OP. Russian players will most probably keep playing the Russian game anyway. So you'd better take care that Russian tanks do not seem to be OP here. This might attract European and American players.

11. A possible game client for the live game in the future. This would solve some of the lag issues, and people having problems with the Unity Web player would have another way to play the game.

12. Physics re-balancing. Small objects such as rocks with stop your tank, when should be able to go right over them. This goes for allied tanks, as scraping them results in a rather large loss of hitpoints.

13. Try to improve the servers and game optimization. Minimize the lag from the server and game so that this isn't as big of an issue in the future.

14. Numbers for the side of your tank's turret. Much like the text on the side/front of your tank, numbers on the side of the turret would be historically accurate and really neat.

15. I'd say we should implement a totally different viewing system! Being able too see and shoot at another tank through 10 bushes, only because a teammate can see it, is just odd.
All tanks being spotted by the team (and reported via radio) should be shown on the minimap; but you should only be able to see what one could see in real life.
View ranges should be more or less unlimited. But there should be a probability that the crew fails to spot an enemy. This probability would be modified by:
Enemy being spotted by friendlies
Range
Vegetation and other objects which hinder the Line Of Sight (LOS)
Suppression (our tank is under fire from other enemies)
Enemy movement
Own movement
Enemy firing
Camouflage
“construction” of the tank. (Vision slits ...)
crew training
Wether conditions
more

I'll add more suggestions, Fritzkrieg could probably add more as well
[ This post finally by TankaTed on 2013-04-08  13:38 edit ]

0. Basic rule: PT must be better/more attractive than the Other Tank Game (OTG). So far PT is mostly a lame copy in most aspects.
OTG frustrates players for many reasons. This is where PT can beat them!

Edit: see above in OP
2. OTG will introduce 3-player-platoons for free with the next patch. So PT must offer them for free too. OTG wanted to introduce larger platoons, but canceled it because they deemed them to be too OP. So how about a PT game mode where every player is in a platoon of 5 players. Depending on the player base, MM could form teams with up to 3 platoons (of 5) per side.
(Once the lag-problem is fixed. So far it seems that more players create even bigger lags.)

10. I disagree here. Players want to play tanks from their own country. (Many) Americans want American tanks, so introduce them ASAP in order to be more attractive on this big market. Also consider introducing single gold tanks for other nationalities.
If there was just one premium tank for Great Britain, Japan, Italy, China, France, CSR, Sweden, … soon, this might attract players from those countries soon.

10a. In OTG European and American forums there was always a big fuss about Russian tanks being OP. Russian players will most probably keep playing the Russian game anyway. So you'd better take care that Russian tanks do not seem to be OP here. This might attract European and American players.

15a. I'd say we should implement a totally different viewing system! Being able too see and shoot at another tank through 10 bushes, only because a teammate can see it, is just odd.
All tanks being spotted by the team (and reported via radio) should be shown on the minimap; but you should only be able to see what one could see in real life.
View ranges should be more or less unlimited. But there should be a probability that the crew fails to spot an enemy. This probability would be modified by:
Enemy being spotted by friendlies
Range
Vegetation and other objects which hinder the Line Of Sight (LOS)
Suppression (our tank is under fire from other enemies)
Enemy movement
Own movement
Enemy firing
Camouflage
“construction” of the tank. (Vision slits ...)
crew training
Wether conditions
more

16. Balanced MatchMaking
What we have now is just ridiculous!
Apart from the more technical issues (lag, physics), this is my mayor issue with the game at the moment.
If PT doesn't come up with s.th. much more professional soon, I'll be gone!
Because we have only 4 Battle Levels so far, the only 4 Tank Levels can be top in a battle. This makes it frustrating to play the other 6 TLs.
So we need (at least) 10 Battle Levels and a more intelligent MM which does not grab tanks and puts them in a battle randomly, but has a look at the list of available tanks first and creates battles accordingly.
Whenever possible, the Level-Spread within a battle should not be bigger than 1.
(Avoid level 3 against level 5. Make level 2 against 5 impossible!)
No player should feel useless.  

17. Faster Progress
So far it seems that reaching Level 10 in PT will take as long or maybe even longer than in OTG.
Why do we need 10 tank levels. If we had only 8 levels this would be a reason to play PT instead of OTG.

18. Do not introduce Artillery. Arty is a mayor source of frustration in OTG. Having no arty in PT will make players from OTG come over.

19. Do not introduce “Scout-Tanks” with special MM. (Causes lots of frustration.)

20. Minimap is too small and blurred.

21. AFK, leeching, boting is an unsolved problem in OTG and I see a lot of AFK in PT too. Once the lag-problem is solved, a player who doesn't play should be punished!
(No cash, no XP, tank considered to be destroyed at the end of the battle.)

22. More maps! Having only 3 maps is getting boring. Once we have more than 4 maps, let players veto 20% of the existing maps.

23. At least as long as long waiting times are the rule in PT, reward players for the waiting.
The time they wait is being recorded anyway. So grant a little cash and free XP for the waiting and the waiting will seem slightly less frustrating.

30. The following is low priority, but to be introduced before OTG does:

30a. Tanks with secondary armament.
Some tanks had more than one gun but in OTG those secondary guns are not usable.
(I'm not talking about machine guns here.)
Examples are:
- American M3 Lee/Grant with 75mm and 37mm.
- French B1-bis with 47mm and 75mm.
- Russian T-35 with one 76mm plus two 45mm in two secondary turrets.

If you introduce them, make sure that they will not become OP. There is a reason why this concept was dropped.

30b. Wheeled and half-tracked vehicles. Another feature which the OTG has not, but WT (War Thunder) will introduce them sooner or later.

[ This post finally by FritzKrieg on 2013-04-08  16:10 edit ]
Too much random in the other game!

I agree compelety!

Post edited as Fritz brought up fantastic points about my suggestions that he disagreed or added on to.

5 man platoons would be bloody brilliant. I, fritz, abdimalik, Kiwi, yazeed etc. We would have a fantastic time platooning and working together.
[ This post finally by TankaTed on 2013-04-08  14:00 edit ]

yes at lest then we will get some team work lol i hate trying to take on all while my team mates sit back and watch lol

For Nations that didn't make enough tanks for a full tree you could do what has been done in WarThunder where they have been lumped in with other Nations, for example on the German Tech tree we could have the Romanian TD Mareșal as an alternate to the Hetzer.

PROBLEME GOLD

BONJOUR, HIER VERS 15H J AI VOULUE E PRENDRE DU GOLD 1 FOIE LA TRANSACTION FAIT JE ET RIEN RECU, ALORS SERAI T IL POSSIBLE DE TROUVER I SOLUTION POUR QUE JE PUISSE LES RECUPERE MERCI

what about crew shows exp need to level up the skill?
and some event to win a lvl 12 crew?
[ This post finally by ZunderFury on 2014-11-28  12:49 edit ]

Well, it looks like you guys have listened to some of our suggestions, which does flatter me a bit

31. There seems to be an issue when platooning and attempting to change game modes. I will platoon with a friend and then attempt to change from Arcade to Standard for example, and then when I press battle it reverts back to arcade. If you could fix this, I would be quite grateful.

32. Also, T18's are a massive plague at the low tiers. I have no issue wrecking anything I face with 200 average damage, 92 pen, and good accuracy along with good mobility and RoF. Yes, the armor may be nerfed so it can actually be penned from the front, but the gun needs nerfing. It is incredibly overpowered for its tier as I do not need to aim for ANYTHING, and I have a hard time doing less than 1k damage and 5 kills in a standard battle.

33. Another issue is with the minimap. I'd love it if the size could stay where I had it at permanently, unless I change it within a battle. I constantly have to resize it to where I like it, and it'd be convenient if it didn't reset every battle.

34. Leaving a battle is a bit inconvenient, as I constantly have to minimize the screen. Perhaps make the exit battle key different to provide for less frustration? In this regard, I'd love to have access to a microclient

Either way, keep up the good work, and I will fill you guys in on any other issues that I stumble upon.
[ This post finally by TankaTed on 2014-12-26  16:14 edit ]

11 12
Return to list