Return to list post new topic
print

An Announcement on Project Tank

An Announcement on Project Tank

Dear players of Project Tank and all game-lovers,

As the developer of a new-born browser based war game, Gamebox has never expected being overpowered by a giant of the gaming industry who considers us a threat, even that Project Tank is just a browser game at closed beta phase.

Recently as you may have already noticed, the official page of Project Tank on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/projecttankofficial) has become inaccessible. And a few hours later we were informed by facebook about being reported by Wargaming.net LLP (Developer & publisher of the “World of Tanks”) for “infringement” of their intellectual property rights.

As we are currently contacting facebook with this issue, we feel regretful for what Wargaming did to us. It was never our intentions to pose any kind of threat or challenge to Wargaming. As much as many of PT players, we are fans of World of Tanks and other brilliant war games. Those modules, graphics and maps are our best efforts to reconstruct the real WWII battle scenes. We sincerely hope Wargaming not to continuously consider us as a “threat” to its user group, since PT and WOT are different in many ways and don’t compete with each other at any platform.

We also realize that Project Tank at this phase still got a few problems. And that’s why we run the closed beta test and work day and night to fix them. And in our testing office, the game looks different every single hour (including the above mentioned modules, graphics, maps, etc.). The perfection of the game is the only thing we are working towards.

The bottom line is, we PT developers are a bunch of guys who love war games as you do, and we endeavor to make high-quality games accessible to all players around the world.

For more info about Project Tank, please visit PT official site: http://pt.gamebox.com

Project Tank Team

Full support. Keep up that good work man.

lol that wargaming company is just being bully. We want free and easy to play browser game just like Project Tank. NOTHING CAN OR SHOULD CHANGE THIS FACT.

Stand Tall

I understand how WoT and Wargaming might see a few similarities in Project Tank, but competition is good for both games. And I gave up on Wot because it was not fun. Just not fun. The whole point of any game.This game has a lot of potential to do the things WoT never did - and very likely won't. This game can be played across platforms and in a browser. I love it. Maybe they should team up with you instead of trying to crush you. But again, why. They lost the "fun". I will continue to support Project Tank. Is there a T-Shirt I can buy ?

My experiences with wargamming.net have proven they are not a friendly company, Considering the entire format from World of Tanks is actully stolen from a game called Warthunder.
I'd really like to see wargamming.net attempt to justify a copyright claim on WWII tanks.

I think take this as a lesson and try to move away from the FPS tank shooter arcade idea that WoT has, perhaps combine other ideas from Warthunder and the Fantastic but died-due-to-lack-of-funding Tank Ace.

Wargaming.net is a corporation. They want your money, nothing else.

Gajiin puts GREAT detail into everything it produces. Sort of how hopefully you guys will when the game becomes more developed.
German tanks are more historically accurate in Project Tank.

Is World of Tanks a stolen concept of War Thunder? War Thunder hasn't gotten into the tank industry yet, and it's making ships right now. However, War Thunder is a better game and Gajiin are not a corporation, unlike WoT.

Changyou, make good decisions like Gajiin, and I will greatly approve.

Wargaming owns rights to no vehicle, nor the unity engine, as they use the Big World engine.

Warthunder was released before World of tanks and was originally called 'World of Warplanes' it featured planes from various different nations in a sort of arcade style where you picked your plane from a pool in a player owned Hanger and then pressed a button to take that plane into battle where you were matched up against people in similar level planes.
They gain exp in battles to help unlock better planes.

Wargamming bought the rights to the name World of Warplanes from Warthunder thus they changed their name.
Wargamming then proceeded to make a game called World of Tanks where a player is given the option of selecting Tanks from various different nations in a sort of arcade style where you picked your tank from a pool in a player owned Hanger and then pressed a button to take that tank into battle where you were matched up against people in similar level Tanks.
They gain exp in battles to help unlock better Tanks.

The idea that wargamming could threaten IPR over this is laughable and they are probably only doing it because Gamebox is a smaller company.

That's a very interesting back story, I honestly never knew about that.

Return to list