Return to list post new topic
print

Q&A. For You who love and want to be loved

My understanding of the above, I come to these answers:

1. Majority of attacks have an element type attached to it. Both physical and magical, so it'll work on both.

2. All resistances includes +Fire/ice/thunder/dark where +Dark Resistance means only +Dark

3. Resistances are applied as normal on physical skills just like magical skills. Part of it is elemental damage and can be decreased with resists.

4. Uh no idea what you're trying to get at here. Defenses reduces the damage of the attack.

1 Dark, fire thunder, ice resistances apply to attacks from ds aligned with that elemtent. (and from hero with skills with those atributes)

2 All resistances stat incude physical and magical resistance

3 Physical attacks benefit from ds element (fire ds adds fire damage to their physical attacks)

4 For long time I believed that the whole damage is turned into the damage type stated by atribute but this theory doesnt take physical and magical damage into consideration.  (elemental damage is clearly separated from magical and physical damage if one tests how vampire dark faith skill works)(also try tanking anything with elemental resists at 95% and no amulet equipped-wont work) Now im more likekely to believe its like zee stated that every attack has its element+physical/magical part.

Therefore: Elemental resist affects first part, physical/magical resist affects second part and all resist affects both parts.

5 defence is flat damage reduction (all resist is % damage reduction)
[ This post finally by frita on 2014-11-02  14:08 edit ]

1. No!
Elemental Resistance against Elemental Attack.
Elemental Dmg and Magical Dmg its two different Dmg!

2. Yes!
All Resistance includes All Elemental Resistance, Physical Resistance and Magical Resistance

3. Each DS (Main Char have it too) can have 2 types of attack abilities - Physical or Magical.
This skill effect is described for each of these areas.
And there is nothing strange (for me). If you beat magic that 30% thunder resistance is ignored. When applied to the physical damage 15% physical resistance is ignored.

4. Details of what the physical resistance and damage is calculated as written in my topic here

5. No u wrong, thats all more simple
3 types of Dmg is
-Not Elemental (Physic, Magical)
-Elemental (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Umbra-Dark)
-Extra
And 4 types of Def
-Physical Resistance and Magical Resistance - relative value expressed as% its anti-NotElementalDmg (Physic, Magical)
-All Elemental Resistance - relative value expressed as% its anti-ElementalDmg (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Umbra-Dark)
-DmgAbsorbtion - anti-ExtraDmg (if u DmgAbsorbtion> enemy ExtraDmg then residue is simple Def)
-Physical Defence and Magical Defence - absolute value which is subtracted at the end. What type of Def are used is depending on the type of attack abilities (Physical or Magical)
[ This post finally by ariquerex on 2014-11-06  02:13 edit ]

I'm pretty sure these theories about 'separated damages' come from the translation from Chinese.

If you see from below images:

The first is the 'new' syntax for the skills. It makes think that first there are some 2800 Magic damage and then it 'increases' the Magic attack of the caster by 140%. I think you know it actually deals 140% of the Mag. dmg.of the caster. Then, 'Attributes' defines this skill as Thunder.

Then the second image treates the same way for Physical Damage, but here is much more 'separated', including an Elemental part inside the skill, then the 'Attibutes' say that the damage is Physical.

But the third and fourth shows the nearest translation from Chinese, adding the word 'plus' to the sentence (I believe the "Magic" attribute is a wrong translation).

Then we have these 'new' skills recently unlocked in the Updates do have the old wording, also summing up the Damages and then treating the whole as element.

I remember some screenshots from threemeinter IGN Xenobia showing in the last reply the Cursed Claw (Legendary ). I believe that doing more damage than the whole damage only means that when the resistance is negative, the damage increases. And also, when the defense is too much lower than the attack (after applying or not the 'Penetration') Clearly the rear targets in the pictures had either double Dark Resistance, or Janelle had too much 'Ignore Dark Resistance' making it negative for the enemies, and there also he indicates that adding Dark Damage only (and not Physical) increased the attack a lot more than 7200 dmg.

I believe the Damage is calculated in a complete way, it doesn't sound logic to me that the attack is separated and goes to different defenses. I think Attack and Defense are wholes integrated by several parts:

Attack (when clicking 'Attack' button, and/or DS using no skills in the skill bar):
1.- 100% of Magic/Physical dmg, according to the one that says (Main).
2.- Elemental Attribute: +25% of another element. 'Another?'. It rather sums 25% of all elements.
3.- Extra Damage: number. +Additional dmg.

This damage would be pure physical or magic.

Skill/Lineages:
1.- Magic/Physical. Sums the indicated percentage of Mg/Phy attk.
2.- Elemental Attribute: Sums the damage written in the skill with the 100% corresponding element damage in the DS/Char attributes.
3.- Extra Damage: number. +Additional damage.

This damage has Element (unless otherwise stated in the skill).

Then, for the Defense and Resistances and Absorption:

1.- Resistances: They will decrease (or increase if negative after applying 'Ignore [Element/Physical] Resistance') the whole Damage of corresponding Element according to percentage. If the Damage is Physical type, I'm not sure if a) the remaining damage is decreased by the Physical Resistance, b) Physical Resistance only works with non-elemental attacks or c) all Physical attacks go only through Physical Resistance regardless its element.

2.- Defense: If 'Breach' didn't trigger, the Remaining Dmg. will be applied to the Defense according to attack type, or half of it if 'Penetration' triggers. Damage will be reduced by some formula, but I think it also increases if the defense is too low (too many times low).

3.- Absorption and Barriers: Very strangely, but I pressume the barrier work and dmg absorption work after the damage is resolved (a Barrier should work before, like a shield, Absorption is OK to work after). That would explain why the Barriers sometimes lasts some turns sometimes, in tanks, because if applied before for sure will break them in single attack.

Things I fail to see:

- Dark Faith sums Dark Damage which will increase Dark Skills. Also will help to increase more by ignoring some Dark Resistance before even applying the damage. That does not imply the 'separation' of Element and Phy/Mag.

- The 'Magic Resistance' is present in the Dark Moon Goddess Lineage, but nowhere else that I've checked. Anyway this could be taken as evidence for it to exist. But even though, if it's included in the 'All Resistance', why bother with Elemental Resistance? Elemental damage is very few compared with the Mg/phy. I think it's applied differently.

- How is the Fire Damage being applied? Most skills (except few ones from characters) are Physical. I made some tests with the White Bears in the Abyssal Trial 17-6 and I got the following:
  - When no Amulet, Dmg received is almost doubled (the Fire res. got halved).
  - When halving Defense, Dmg increased around 65%.
  - When no Amulet while halved Defense, Damage increased around 55%.
  - Vamp with 40k def and 66% Fire Res. receive less dmg than FD at 50k def and 87% Fire Res.

I think from arquerex' theory that this increased damage is related with the lvl, it seems that a higher lvl resistance covers less dmg. But anyway, I keep thinking the damage as a single entity, just don't know how it comes to resolve against the dual Element and Mag/Phy res. Maybe is just because the Ignore All Enemy's Resistance is messing everything up.

Notice that cursed claw is physical attack and dark penetration ignores physical resistance hence huge numbers.

No fire attribute only supports dual damage/res theory because it states that fire ds adds fire damage to its attack while ur theory ignores fire damage on all fire attacks which all are physical.

Ur examples with fire attacks are all over the place. I tried all of this million times and I am 1000000% sure that u need more all resist to reduce hits weather or not u got elemental resistances which indicates all other things i posted.

I still dont know few things but those things Im sure.
[ This post finally by frita on 2014-11-07  00:28 edit ]

Reply 14# post

"I'm pretty sure these theories about 'separated damages' come from the translation from Chinese. "

No u wrong. Its my own theory based on my own tests

I updated my theory, add section about Skill Initial Attack Dmg
[ This post finally by ariquerex on 2014-11-07  05:55 edit ]

Actually front targets are human since I run demon talent 19 it was increased by 95% just use the back row as reference to the dark damage increase and yes my dark pen lvl on jannelle was 9 being 169% dark res ignore also 84% physical resist ignore.
[ This post finally by threeminter on 2014-11-18  12:59 edit ]
Feel free to join Raid Call if you need any help at all for IL:Group # 7913555

removed to avoid confusion
[ This post finally by Shirley on 2014-11-25  14:57 edit ]

Nice post but most of this stuff we know/said already.

What i would like to know is something else. You wrote this ->
reference:
the default breach resistance is >0 and grow with levels but not so much, and the primary source of it in game are lineages

How do u know thats true theres nothing in the game about  breach resistance.

Why are you using elemental resistances number to deduct damage. The game turns that number into % stat like dodge breach etc, and you ignoring this transformation in your calculations.

Another thing i wanna know is how those numbers change  when you face higher level opponents. For example At this time its really hard to check how much dodge one really has vs high level mobs. How much bonus hit they really have and if they lose the bonus if i level up.

I am fighting 8 lvl higher mobs (or even higher lvl mobs depends on if u believe map level or level indicated by description when u rightclick on the mob during fight- whats up with that lol) and I got about 50%  more dodge then my cap which in total gives me about 120% in and I reduce their hit by 50% and they still hit me.
So when i lvl up will they start missing more or no?
Normally 60%+ dodge and IA makes all mobs miss you 100% that would mean that those 8 levels difference reduce my dodge by more than half.
[ This post finally by frita on 2014-11-25  13:21 edit ]

breach resistance is my way to call resistance breaking attacks. sorry >_<

I was trying to simplify the formulas to make it more understandable to those new
and transformed the geometric growth of resistances in numbers with a logarithm
seem it does makes things more comfused instead, better remove.
as long people know how penetration breach work is fine they will stack resistances anyway.

theres no way to know, the progression of how mobs outclass player per differences of level  is not know, not even resistance growth varaible is fixed
plus mobs in pve blatanty cheat, boss that do 3 attacks each turn, mobs whit 100% of hit rate, mobs with fixed ignore resistance/defense ratio
mobs that don't trigger lineages upon attacks, mobs that get 100% penetration/breach after X turns, arbitrary hp boost more than mobs 20 lv above, damage refelx out of nowhere, etcetera
[ This post finally by Shirley on 2014-11-25  15:38 edit ]

Return to list