17 12
Return to list post new topic
print

[Walkthrough] PVP deck-building. type: Arena

[Walkthrough] PVP deck-building. type: Arena

Server- S7.
Name- angel96
Hello friends here are some ways to do well in pvp. I will not mention tips involving cards like Emperor Augustus and other cards that are impossible to get unless you have incredible luck and high vip levels.
1. The common mistakes that most players make is- making a 30 card deck with random cards. Its important to include selective cards only since, the match will hardly last more than 22 turns.
2. Have a balance between skills and creatures. Ideally have 6-7 skills and 10-13 creatures That you absolutely need.
3.have a strategic and versatile deck- More is explained in the next few tips.
4. Balance between offensive and game-changer/defensive skills. For example:
Warrior- 1-2 slash, 1 fissure, 2 heroic  1-2 encourage +(may include other rare cards if u have like military charge, last stand, vigilance, counterattack, etc)
Mage 2-3 fireball /lightning tempest , 2-3 petrify 1-2 charm/ Hermes wing(charm for moderate CD deck, Hermes for cavalry-rush deck)+1-2  (rare cards like blizzard if you have)
Ranger 1-3 true shots( replace with deadly blow if you have) + 1-2 premeditation +1-2 rupture/ double stab +1-2  (rare skills like swift raid and others if you have)
Priest : 2 builds are here:
For low countdown deck: 3 sanctuary 1-2 refugee 1-2 smite + if possible keep  at least 1 righteous judgement
For high CD deck: 2-3 inspire/zeal 2-3 smite + 2-3 sanctuary
NOTE: Some skills whose countdown is very high like mass life, healing prayer are not to be used in pvp.
5. Keep at least 3 vigilance/backstab and when I say vigilance, I DEFINETLY don’t mean templars with 4 countdown or crusader Lacunas .
6. Avoid keeping high countdown cards like battle abbess unless you have necessary supporters (inspire, elven priestess, Lenaya ,ETC).
7.Keep at least   3-4 cards with heroic ability or soul-eater ability. Champion knights (epic 2|10 heroic 1, cavalry) , Darius are best options.
Note: avoid 2|11 tengus with heroic 1, counterattack, unless you have supporters.
Drawback: Always be ready to be assaulted by the opponent anytime with spear-vigilance or backstab cards. Try to use sanctuary/armor to prevent being hit,
Take down opponent’s vigilance ASAP.  
8. Try to use a rune whenever possible- Prepare for the fact that opponent is using runes as well so avoid Lucius swift, ARK Sniper, and such unless yo have a strategy in mind.
9. I will not recommend using tanks (desperate soul, phantom, and such) or ambushers- thanks to high countdown- again unless you have a strategy and supporters.
10. Don’t keep a deck full of physical damagers. Magic damagers- try to include both or else you may face trouble when opponent plays VELYN, GRINGHEIST OR ARMOUR/RESISTANCE.
11. Keep 1-2 werewolves (2 CD howlers preferably) +1-2 FENRIS for some easy hits.
12.Countering certain common strategies with the deck type I mentioned:
Maia/ Mifzuna /Alice combo- try to fill both lanes- if you cant, use offensive skills and vigilance/backstabs to take them down.

[EDIT- Tanks( phantom, desperate)-  kill of tanks with cards having holy light abilities or sunder armour. Feles assasin master and alice are best]
Cavalry rush- spearmen can easily finish them off thanks to double damage.
Well. That’s all folks- feel free to make suggestions, additional info. Constructive Criticism is accepted.
A final word- remember- pvp is not for showing off your awesome cards like LACUNUS, SERKA , et al, but, it is a place where you earn awesome rewards and fight other players as skilled or more skilled than you. Build your deck keeping that in mind.  
Thanks .
[ This post finally by angel96 on 2014-03-18  19:22 edit ]

Any incompleteness/mistakes in my walththrough?

Found 1 mistake you said  use dragons to kill desperate souls fast...sorry to say but DS reduces magic damage to 0.

You use alice or any other holy damage to kill a DS

ds: kill with shunder ... lol
it's dark http://i.imgur.com/XLbU8TG.png

Thanks a lot for pointing out. I wrote it with red and edited below it. Any other incompleteness/drawbacks, please point out   

DS cant be killed by magic users, only holy damage or sunder armor can kill them easily... ;)
just letting you know, cause it still reads magic users, and DS doesnt take damage from non-holy at all... ^^
takes only 1 from physical also unless its sunder armored or other similar abilties that prevent from decrease in damage.

Figured I would add a bit more details about the 'flaw' in your explanation, still nice that you where making a walkthrough about pvp.

Though I dont realy agree on your amount of skills..
As a top player or wel fairly much around the top, I would say about 12 creatures vs 4 skills is overall best most likely... (1 in 4 cards being a skill, or you wil clutter to much with skills at times and have nothing to block or attack)

well to stop confusion i edited it and removed the "magic users" part.
Thanks for your feedback everyone.

regarding the "skills" part, I was talking about ceratin decks. Like for a priest, 3 sanc 1 refugee is just not enough. You need atleast 2 offensive skills to ward off evil creatures nagging you.
For rangers, 1 frenzy/disinfo + 2 blow + 1 cloaked shot/double stab is OK.
for mages, 2 lightning empest 2 petrify 1-2 hermes wing is best.
for warriors i have seen people keeping half of their decks skills especially about protected millitary charging encouraged mifzuna/maia/assasin

I am priest, I use 2 sanct and 2 smite.. works pretty fine for me... ;)
About warrior and mage, they prolly in most cases the classes with more skills in general.

Ranger and mage dont necessarily have to use many skills, one of the top players on our server Dane1 uses mosty only 4 skills when he plays mage... ^^

Ranger depends on what cards you wanna use also, but think same goes for any/every class, as a priest dont want to get to many skills, cause overal the skills are limited in use-ability, smite dont kill much of the rush cards, sanct only good if you got a creature to put it on also.

Overall I dont use refuge, seen some use it, but alot of times it doesnt do that much unless you wanna stall out with big stuff, but then most likely you playing a bigger deck and slower cards, wich makes less consistant, wich makes you sometimes lose due to bad draws.

I already something get silly starts where I get 3 out of 4 skills early and only a 3cd creature after that, and I only play 4 skills and 4 3cd out of the 12 creatures I play... ^^
And that even happens after I reshuffled a hand with skills first time... (system is wonky as hell with draws)
[ This post finally by ClyDeft on 2014-03-18  20:48 edit ]

mhhh for war: nothing good   
but i like warrior

as preference 2-3 slash 2-3 enc 1-2 mc
mif maia sensei ginger darius fenris     

by : non active player jyuviolegrave
although best use on pve
kill da boss in 4-10 turn
[ This post finally by dark on 2014-03-19  06:03 edit ]
it's dark http://i.imgur.com/XLbU8TG.png

17 12
Return to list