17 12
Return to list post new topic
print

[Walkthrough] PVP deck-building. type: Arena

wellI neither agree nor disagree on smite-opposition. Personally 33% of times, my rare smite dealt only 3 damage thanks to block. I am speaking of my deck which is fairly succesful.
It is 25-card deck with 3 sanc 1 refugee 1 smite 1 RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT.
by "offensive priest skill", i mean my righteous judgement.
Regarding rangers and mages, WHO SAID MAGES DONT NEED SKILLS?
unless you are a top player with yumi,ariella, soran, callista, cain, zodiacs, vel-assar; You really need some skills atleast 5 or more- 2 petrify/1 petrify+1 charm, 1-2 lightning/fireball and hermes wing....as I said earlier. This walkthrough isnt Directed to top players but, it is a general walkthrough.

Let me give you pro advice. First of all, priest isn't good pvp class. It's for bosses mainly. Warrior is good only 2v2 and 4v4. Of course, while servers are new, everything could work. Check out oldest servers of KaL/RoM, all 1v1 ranking lists absolutely are dominated by rangers and mages. You find one priest and one warrior in top 50, literally.

So, either play slow/power with mage, or rush/balanced-control with ranger. It's pretty much only that will work once servers hit a year or so of playing.

Why?
Warrior rush or priest power will bring you to dead end street. While warrior buffs are good for rush, it lacks removal. One line rulk, another zeeva, game over. Or lawrence, tharymaskus, there are more and more creatures to block vs warrior. Too easy to block. Priest lack removals too, so, as soon as approaches them something that's growing like darius, tariel, etc. it usually end them (unless crit from smite or so, which is rare). So, while warrior buffs are great and priest sanc, one is too easy to block, another is too hard to remove if anything approaches him and catch him off-guard (which oftenly happens because draw is mostly luck and you don't always draw what you need, heck, most time you don't). Top mages usually play pet vs anything that penetrate, and tempest vs nimble and to kill mif and maia in single shot.  Ranger usually plays deadly blow and true shot in rush, double stab, disturbance and maybe disinfo in balanced-control. Of course swift raid in both.

HA ha buddy, you clearly tried warrior/priest but did not have right cards hence failed miserably. Also, its hard to spot a mage in top 50 of my server.ItS dominated by 90% rangers, thanks to their fancy deadly blows, cloaked shots and frenzy. For priest, I donot try pvp too hard as I play this game for 1 hour tops, but i always get a ranking in top 150 cross-server after I changed to priest.
We have sanctuary which gives us perfect defence and offence,  refugee that secures a line for 4 turns and righteous judgement which can clean a huge row of good attackers. Also, we have things called "dragons", "tengus" and "pegasus" which can easy cross tanks like zeeva,phantom, rulk. Also, we have things called "holy damage" and "sunder armour" which are handy.

Both are quite funny statements, its not impossible for priest to make it to the top, its not a dead end street, neither is it for warrior, for an opponent to block a row correctly vs a warrior, they wil need to have both rows blocked at all times... and a warrior can just wait you out till a row is open, and bam, mif+maia, encourage + militairy charge... one shot, you dead..... dont tell me I am lying or this isnt true, it happens all the times...

Yes Mage and Ranger are the 2 strongest classes.
But I have been Priest since almost the very beginning of our server and I frequent top 16 pvp 1v1 and 2v2, and I am not even a VIP.

I also find it funny if as a priest you using refuge and righteous judgement, you can just rush, dont realy need that stuff to win, I play 16 card rush and it works fine for me....
Currently with the new dragons and such am working towards another deck, not just cause overall rush wil die over time, due to the fact that people wil get more and more life, due to higher levels overall, but also cause the new dragons and such get more and more HP and harder to single skill kill them....

So going towards power + stall is the way to go, also now with Sorann in PVP shop, that card singlehandedly can kill almost all the early rush cards....(barring 3 cd and up ofcourse, but with early I mean 1 and 2 cd, like Darius, lucius, maia, emmisary, howler)

I do agree all classes can reach top, but then you need some very specific cards to compensate for their weaknesses. I was talking about mage for common non-vip/low-vip players. Mages powerful skills like petrify, tempest, scorch, meditation, etc. are pretty cheap and easy to get full set of. If playing priest and warrior for top, you'll probably need 2-3 soranns for that. Thing is, in later game, cards like darius and tariel will become common. Pretty much every player in top 50-100 will have them and play them. Priest and warrior fails mostly against them. Another trouble is augustus and bael, they don't have any counters for that. You can't smite augustus. Not even 3x leg smite kill him, and exchanging 3 cards for one, is almost certain loss on top levels. So, in that sense I was mentioning mage. If you are vip 10, you can play pretty much every class with same success. But if not, for beginning is best mage, or you will lose against darius-tariel rush too oftenly.

Good Experience ! "There are a thousand Hamlets in a thousand people's eyes."   

Surprised that my thread hasnt been closed yet... I mean ... Its over a year I quit playin..and joined back a week ago since ppl stopped score boosting or spike rush... Well It doesnt really have new angels and demons and outsiders so, well hope someone makes a walkthrough using the new cards... And chrono, Its true, as they say: " the more, the merrier" , as evident from the fabulous coordination between the rise of mythos team members.

17 12
Return to list