Return to list post new topic
print

World War and honor - balancing

World War and honor - balancing

I have to say first, that i like the world war feature. It adds some new stuff, and some long-term development to the game, as well as the chance to get some nice unit in the end. However, there's one balancing issue in my oppinion: the honor costs for war lvl upgrades, which are necessery for unit upgrades. To be precise, those are two separate problems: to upgrade from war lvl 8 to 9, you need 4.8k honor, for next upgrade, you already need 7.1k... we all can imagine how this progresses. Seems like an exponential increase to me.
This would not be a severe problem, if it wasn't the necessary condition for upgrading the honor shop troops. Looking at the stats of those troops, i can tell that for me, lvl 79 player with 3.5m rp, the first and second honor troop (lets say, the tank) are useless, because they're waker than the troops i can buy for silver in shop. For the 2nd unit, i need war lvl 12, + lots of emblems.
Even spending all my chances every day (which will become more difficult every day, because the low lvl cities are already empty), it'll take me approximately 2 months of playing to even get the 2nd (SECOND!) tank, and it is very likely that it will be completely uselss for me by the time i get it (2 months are a long time in this game, its about how long my server (s-43) exists. Given the development in war lvl needed, honor needed per lvl and honor available on the map by that time, I'll never reach the 3rd tank. This doesn't make sense.
So, my suggestion would be to separate things. Make the troop upgrades independent from war lvl, its hard enough to get enough honor for emblems and for the troop itself. The war lvls have their own rewards (more troops deployable, different items in honor shop...) so it would be good to separate those two.

Another suggestion: I think it was a step into the right direction that cities reset each maintenance, however, in my opinion, it would be better to make this feature even more powerful: every city which doesn't contain troops of the occupying power by the time of weekly maintenance should be returned to npc and its troops should be reset to 200. This way, we could always have low lvl cities with npc troops so that even on servers with few active players, the low lvl players still find some enemy troops of their lvl to fight. On our server, nearly every city up to lvl 50 has been occupied, and for many players, its getting difficult to earn reasonable amounts of honor from killing enemy troops.

Just my 2 cents,
NesilCasey
[ This post finally by NesilCasey on 2014-04-18  03:51 edit ]
Just my 2¢*** Server: S-43 Stalingrad*** Ingame name: NesilCasey.S43

i agree , but ofcourse they want us to spend money for honor
Barryburt , President of Ursuper ALC and Emperor of s51

First off the "good" unit you speak of, do the math, 8000 gold just for emblems, not to mention you have to lvl it up each time(each upgrade it resets to 1st lvl exp) and lets not forget lvl 24 war needed to upgrade that...by that time, you will have reached lvl 150(100max) and gotten many more troops 100X better.....
   secondly, leave the reset weekly to 200 PLEASE, if your intelligent and think about it you will agree with me 100%...i wont tell you why because they will change it on us....just TRUST ME......by saying "containing troops of the occupying power" you mean a players troops or a merc? because once i hire that merc, they are my troops under my power.....as for players, you cant make a player sit on a town with a unit before each weekly maintaince!coughmoneypitcough
instead of your version lets introduce this option for the king of power

NEW OPTION:   Abandon City  (need i say more?) of course immed abandon would mean 0 troops, after maintance it would reset to 200, thank you and have a good day!!!coughmoneypitcough

Return to list